Quick tidbit I wanted to share that totally brightened my day:
At work, I bought cookies for the kids. I let them have two, which most kids were completely fine with. Except for Joe. Oh, Joe. He's such a cute and fun kid...he's a second grader, red hair, with a crazy love for food and a whole lot of sass.
He asked for another cookie (a third) after having devoured the previous cookies in a bite and a half. When I told him no, he rolled his eyes, and immediately started complaining, pointing out that there was enough left for him to have another. He continued to keep pestering me on the issue, with his determined, unrelenting nature I see so often (especially if there's any sweets involved). Finally, after what seemed like the 32nd time he had said "but why not?" I retorted with "NO JOE. Life's tough, isn't it?"
He slammed back in his chair, crossed his chubby little arms, sighed, and said "Yeah, especially when there's delicious cookies on the line".
I had to laugh. Truer words were never spoken.
No comments:
Post a Comment